#1743: Reduce number of output files per directory -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
The extra argument of file_nioproc seems gone, so could you use cGH->nioprocs for this? I added a minor comment on using strcpy/malloc vs strdup (in a C++ file stdup is somewhat safer since there is no issue of accidentally implicitly declaring strdup as returning int due to missing _BSD defines).
This will affect checkpoint files and out_vars 3d HDF5 output but not eg out3d_vars 3d HDF5 output I think (though I may be wrong and the latter may also use AssembleFilename).
This is a step in the right direction but not quite enough I believe since we have other output that is produced with one-file-per-process (all of which is optional eg TimerReport, carept-timing-statistics etc) and that faces the same issues. So it should be applied ideally along with code that makes the other places that produce per-process output use this function as well.