#325: sim setup issues -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Type: defect Status: new | Priority: major Milestone: | Component: Other Version: | Keywords: -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- I have started with a fresh checkout of SimFactory and am using 'sim setup' to setup my local machine. In doing so, I have encountered a couple of issues:
1. If I choose to "Update keys for a specific machine", then it continually asks me for a key name and value. It is not clear how to end this process. I guessed that just pressing enter when asked for a key name would work and it seems to have. It would be good to make this clearer, though.
2. After updating keys for a specific machine, I am prompted to update keys for a specific machine again. If I enter "yes", I am given the Continue prompt a second time and must enter "yes" again.
3. After the above process, the prompt to Save contents is shown twice.
4. The setup of the new local machine entry is automated, but not sufficient to actually use. For example, the basedir entry points to /home/@USER/simulations which doesn't necessarily exist (on OSX, for example). Maybe there should be either a message saying to edit the new machine file or an interactive setup process?