#1988: Observations when using GRHydro_Avec ---------------------------------+------------------------------------------ Reporter: jens.mahlmann@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: ET_2016_05 Keywords: | ---------------------------------+------------------------------------------ Dear Sir or Madam, I am currently working on problems including the evolution of the vector potential. With this I encountered some problems in setting up my simulations. Please allow me to state some of my observations:
- The atmosphere reset routines are not scheduled all in their GRhydro_Avec version (e.g. the initial reset in CCTK_Initial)
- Within the atmosphere reset routines, it is not made use of the GRHydro_Avec routines of variable conversion. (prim2conAM not used but the magnetic field ones)
- The subroutine GRHydro_SqrtSpatialDeterminant is not always scheduled before the GRHydro_BvecfromAvec. Therefore NaNs are produced in GRHydro_BvecfromAvec.
I do have further problems in GRHydro_CalcUpdate at the moment, however, I do not know yet where they lie. Please contact me, if there is interest in reviewing the GRHydro_Avec implementations. As I will use this option extensively, I will definetely be working further on this.
My best Jens Mahlmann