#1829: ExternalLibraries/MPI: increase verbosity when 'export VERBOSE=yes' is set -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Keywords: ExternalLibraries MPI | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Ticket #1667 touched on this issue a bit, but since I would like to see a solution just for the verbosity level and not a rewriting of how a external library should be reconfigured I think it is worth a ticket on its on.
Currently if I set 'export VERBOSE=yes', the only message output I get from the MPI thorn is:
{{{ Running configuration script for thorn MPI: Found MPI compiler wrapper at /usr/bin/mpic++! Successfully configured MPI. Finished running configuration script for thorn MPI. }}}
while for other external library detect bash scripts I have a verbose output as requested:
{{{ Running configuration script for thorn HDF5: + set -e + . /home/bruno/tmp/ET_test/Cactus/lib/make/bash_utils.sh + '[' -n '' ']' + HDF5_DIR_INPUT= ++ echo '' ++ tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]' + '[' '' = BUILD ']' + HDF5_BUILD= + HDF5_C_LIBS='hdf5_hl hdf5' + '[' no = yes ']' + '[' yes = yes ']' + '[' gfortran '!=' none ']' + HDF5_FORTRAN_LIBS='hdf5hl_fortran hdf5_fortran' ... + echo 'INCLUDE_DIRECTORY $(HDF5_INC_DIRS)' + echo 'LIBRARY_DIRECTORY $(HDF5_LIB_DIRS)' + echo 'LIBRARY $(HDF5_LIBS)' Additional requested language support: Fortran HDF5 selected, but HDF5_DIR not set. Checking pkg-config ... HDF5 not found. Checking standard paths ... HDF5 not found. Using bundled HDF5... }}}
One way of doing something similar in perl is using the module Devel::ebug* and write an utility in the lines of the one presented here:
{{{ http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.beginners/2008/03/msg99151.html }}}
Would someone be interested in pursuing this path for debugging perl scripts in Cactus and then increasing its verbosity?