#618: damiana setup in simfactory is wrong ----------------------------------------+----------------------------------- Reporter: baiotti@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2011_10 Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: invalid | Keywords: error in database ----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
The other argument in favour of having a single source tree is that it is weird if you are using datura (for example) as your "central" source location. You would end up syncing the tree to the damiana directory on the same machine, and I'm not even sure if this works. Perhaps the ideal solution would be to have different configuration and exe directories for each machine. So you would have a single Cactus directory with Cactus/damiana/exe, Cactus/damiana/configs, Cactus/datura/exe, Cactus/datura/configs. Cactus can be told to use a different configs (and exe?) directory with an environment variable.
This doesn't solve the problem of having to specify which machine you want to use when running every simfactory command. In my case, I would be satisfied by having a default. Currently simfactory refuses to run unless you tell it which machine. I would like to select datura as the default in that case, as I rarely use damiana. SimFactory should also carefully check that you don't use a damiana configuration on datura and vice-versa (for building and submitting etc).