#1549: jobs starting/ending on stampede do not send emails -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* status: new => review
Comment:
I have the following in my stampede.sub file, and I get emails from the queuing system.
{{{ #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL #SBATCH --mail-user=@EMAIL@ }}}
Before adding this, I did not get any emails.
I suspect that the default of leaving --mail-user unset causes the emails to go to the user's system mailbox on the head node, not to their external email address. I propose that the above be added to stampede.sub, either before or after the release.
For reference, my complete submit script is
{{{ #! /bin/bash #SBATCH -A @ALLOCATION@ #SBATCH -p @QUEUE@ #SBATCH -t @WALLTIME@ #SBATCH -N @NODES@ -n @NUM_PROCS@ #SBATCH @("@CHAINED_JOB_ID@" != "" ? "-d afterany:@CHAINED_JOB_ID@" : "")@ #SBATCH -J @SHORT_SIMULATION_NAME@ #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL #SBATCH --mail-user=@EMAIL@ #SBATCH -o @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.out #SBATCH -e @RUNDIR@/@SIMULATION_NAME@.err cd @SOURCEDIR@ @SIMFACTORY@ run @SIMULATION_NAME@ --machine=@MACHINE@ --restart- id=@RESTART_ID@ @FROM_RESTART_COMMAND@ }}}