#877: EinsteinExact arrangement should be added to the Einstein Toolkit ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: task | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2012_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
A few issues/questions for discussion:
1) When running the test suites I got a message that it is not runnable for EinsteinExact:
No runnable testsuites in arrangements: CactusBase CactusConnect CactusDoc CactusElliptic CactusIO CactusPUGH EinsteinBase EinsteinEOS EinsteinUtils ExternalLibraries TAT KrancNumericalTools EinsteinExact
However EinsteinExact does have a test suite at
EinsteinExact/EinsteinExact_Test/test/ShiftedGaugeWave.par
EinsteinExact_Test is correctly symbolically linked in the arrangements directory. Any ideas what could be going wrong here?
2) When I ran the ShiftedGaugeWave.par test case I found a bit suspicious that the values output were exactly one or zero for gxx, kxx, alp or betax. Was this intentional? Doesn't it make the test too trivial?
3) Note too that ADMBase::dtalp and ADMBase::dtbetax are not output at all despite enlisted to do so. I guess this is happening because initial_dtlapse and initial_dtshift default to "none". So we need to set those parameters in the test par file. In any case, I added the following parameters to the par file and I got an output with non trivial values:
ADMBase::initial_data = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_shift = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_lapse = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_dtshift = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_dtlapse = ShiftedGaugeWave
4) In the documentation it says that the code ignores initial_shift, initial_lapse, initial_dtshift and initial_dtlapse. Per example above, I don't think this is true.
5) There are a few instances of "CCTK_INT ierr = 0;" declarations/initializations that are not used afterwards. That could be taken out to avoid compiler warning complaints.