#136: Don't rebuild external libraries so often --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Then I would have to specify the dummy configuration as well, and remember to update it if I update the configuration it belongs to. What exactly do you mean with 'too often'? I can see two possibilities:
a) You might have several configurations, only differing in their thornlist. In this case external libraries built for one could be used within the other, and rebuilding would probably be not necessary. It wastes compile time and and space. Of course you can in this case always build the library yourself and let Cactus use this instead of the Cactus-build version.
b) You might have the problem that the libraries within one configuration are rebuilt too often. If that is the case, we should be able to fix this without creating a dummy configuration.
Should we take this discussion to the Cactus developers mailing list?