#2099: Cactus requires Fortran ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: sbrandt | Owner: Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: review => reopened
Comment:
Thank you for the patch.
This seems like an odd way to handle this. The Kranc tutorial http://kranccode.org/tutorial.html seems to suggest that at least at the time of writing that tutorial a C / C++ compiler (no Fortran) was sufficient.
Rather than having the AC test for {{{CCTK_REAL}}} run with the "no- fortran-compiler" executable and then after the fact realize what was done I would rather suggest to not run the AC test at all.
I am not sure if there is anyone still involved in Cactus who might know, but what is the reason for the existence of no-fortran-compiler ?
I will try and see if I can find an ET release that lets me compile at least an empty thornlist with only a C and C++ compiler but no F77 or F90 compiler present (by removing gfortran from my PATH).