#981: simfactory fails on hopper when the login shell is csh -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Yes, this file exists. The module command also worked from the command line. The problem looks more like simfactory is somehow hard coding the shell to be used when setting up the environment as /bin/bash. And indeed grep '/bin/bash' -r simfactory finds a number of matches eg. {{{ simfactory/lib/simlib.py: command = "/bin/bash -c %s" % (QuoteSafe(command)) simfactory/lib/simlib.py: logonly("executed: /bin/bash -c %s" % " ".join(args)) simfactory/lib/simlib.py: os.execv('/bin/bash', args) }}} which do seems like likely culprits. I just tried replacing these by os.environ["SHELL"] which fails since simfactory actually uses bash features.
I just read your second post Bruno. I guess that will work if I added it to envsetup. Though then it will fail if users are actually using bash and have already loaded modules. I somewhat dislike putting a module purge in envsetup since it means that simfactory will completely ignore any currently loaded (eg. extra) modules. Thank you for pointing this out though. It is definitely a possible solution.