#1729: Switch Carpet to new bboxset class implementation --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I seem to remember that this new class required C++11. Is that the case? bboxset2.hh seems to have some workarounds in case lambdas are not available, so maybe this is no longer the case?
I have glanced at the code, but do not have time to do a detailed code review, as there is a lot of code there. I assume that if it passes the current tests, it is appropriate to make this the default at this point in the release cycle, and if there are problems, that change can be reverted before the next release. If you feel this level of review is appropriate, please go ahead.
One comment: this is the sort of code for which it is very easy to write unit tests. Assuming they don't already exist, where should they go? I have some local additions to the old bboxset code, and wanted to write tests for them, but wasn't sure of the best way of organising that.