#1746: Index error in TwoPunctures function JFD_times_dv() ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: ixr5289@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: TwoPunctures ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: new => review
Comment:
At first glance this is indeed the case. Now I am trying to estimate the implications. As far as I can see, the wrong 'phi' is used to calculate coordinates y/z, and transform dU, which are then are passed to LinEquations(). LinEquations does not use the passed 'phi', but it uses the wrong 'y/z' and, of course, dU, and through that to wrong entries in the JFD matrix. This is a finite difference approximation of the J matrix, used for the pre-conditioner, and as such a change here shouldn't influence the result (if one is obtained), but it might/will influence the convergence (both speed and whether you actually get a result).
In this sense: please somebody else have a look concerning the implications. I am about to commit the fix, as I am pretty sure it is wrong in the way it is now. Leaving in 'review' for the implications.