#349: pyc files when syncing ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Replying to [comment:1 eschnett]:
If we exclude the .pyc files (as we did before), then old, outdated .pyc
files for which there is no .py file any more are also not deleted during rsync. This then makes it impossible to remove directories if they contain such outdated .pyc files, leading to rsync warnings.
Wouldn't the fact that we're using --delete-excluded cover this case? It would also mean that the pyc files are deleted on the remote machine every time the sync is run, but I guess that's better than syncing them from the local machine.
Replying to [comment:1 hinder]:
Perhaps the "hide" rule will hide the files when rsync tried to delete
the directory, and avoid the warning?
According to this: http://www.mail- archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg22776.html 'hide' is just 'exclude' without 'protect'. I'm not quite sure I understand what the difference is between this and --exclude with --delete-excluded.