#1556: Online Thorn Guide broken -----------------------------------------+---------------------------------- Reporter: joachim.frieben@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: broken index -----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Replying to [comment:3 hinder]:
If we do that, then we don't have any thorn documentation available on
the ET web page, which is bad. I don't think we should remove the thorn guide until we have a replacement. I think all that is needed is a page which indexes the thorndoc. This should be created as part of the ThornDoc make target.
If we do that, then we end up with the same situation as we are currently in: wrongly indexed documentation on the ET webpage. My understanding was that the ThornGuide was a dead end (correct me if I'm wrong) so I was suggesting removing the ThornGuide make target and focusing on a better solution such as creating an index of the ThornDoc. In fact, even just replacing the HTML ThornGuide with ThornDoc and relying on the web server to produce an index would be an improvement. For example, see http://www.barrywardell.net/files/ThornDoc/ which just uses "DirectoryIndex documentation.html index.html index.php" in the .htaccess file and the following trivial php script in the base directory: {{{ <?php
$thorns = glob("*/*");
foreach($thorns as $thorn) { echo "<a href=$thorn>$thorn</a><br />"; }
?> }}} This could obviously be made prettier with some basic CSS and improvements to the PHP script.