#641: Parameter files and thornlists could be tested as part of the release process --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2012_11 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
Yes you are correct - only 8 thornlists. I was using the checkout on my laptop which has some additional arrangements added. We also have some Cactus thornlists (http://svn.cactuscode.org/www/download/thorns/) though these are no longer linked from cactuscode.org, as far as I can tell.
I agree about allowing thornlists which contain non-ET thorns, but we should try to modify the thornlists to only include ET thorns if possible.
It would be nice to be able to run Cactus on a parameter file and have it give a good guess about the memory needed. This would need to be done on the head node before qsub is run, which means Cactus would need to be able to run there. It might not be possible to run Cactus on the head node due to mpirun not working there. So for the purpose of this ticket, I would include the approximate size of the run in the parameter file.
What does "TAGS" mean in your example?