#2861: Running qc0 with CarpetX
Reporter: Alejandra Gonzalez Status: submitted Milestone: Version: Type: bug Priority: major Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
I’m currently testing CarpetX in the new MareNostrum 5 and attempted to run the parfiles here: [https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/SpacetimeX/tree/main/Punctures/par%5D(htt...) specifically `qc0` and `qc0-unigrid`. However I get the following error right at initialization (for both):
``` INFO (Formaline): Writing tarballs with the Cactus sources into the directory "qc0/cactus-source" INFO (CarpetX): Setting initial values for max_grid_size values for all levels INFO (CarpetX): Setting up initial conditions... INFO (CarpetX): Iteration: 0 time: 0 delta_time: 0.25 INFO (CarpetX): Patch 0: INFO (CarpetX): Grid extent: INFO (CarpetX): gsh=[67,67,67] INFO (CarpetX): blocking_factor=[8,8,8] INFO (CarpetX): max_grid_size=[32,32,32] INFO (CarpetX): max_tile_size=[1024000,16,32] INFO (CarpetX): Domain extent: INFO (CarpetX): xmin=[-16,-16,-16] INFO (CarpetX): xmax=[16,16,16] INFO (CarpetX): base dx=[0.5,0.5,0.5] INFO (CarpetX): Initializing level 0... INFO (Punctures): Nonlinear iteration #1 ERROR from host as06r1b22 process 0 in thorn CarpetX, file /gpfs/home/uib/uib416720/ETK2024/CarpetX/Cactus/configs/sim_cx/build/CarpetX/valid.cxx:461: -> CallFunction iteration 0 Punctures_solve1: Punctures::Punctures_rhs checking output: Grid function "PUNCTURES::urhs" contains nans, infinities, or poison; expected valid The interior is valid because: CallFunction iteration 0 Punctures_solve1: Punctures::Punctures_rhs: Mark output variables as valid. The outer boundary is valid because: CallFunction iteration 0 Punctures_solve1: Punctures::Punctures_rhs: Mark output variables as valid. The ghost zones are valid because: CallFunction iteration 0 Punctures_solve1: Punctures::Punctures_rhs: Mark output variables as valid. ```
My questions here are:
1. Should I be using these specific parfiles or is there a more updated (previously tested) somewhere else? 2. I’m confused with the thorns I should be using, is `Punctures` the way to go for BBH or should I use something else? e.g. `TwoPuncturesX` 3. Could the error have to do with the way I’m setting up the MPI/OMP/GPU devices with slurm?
Thanks in advance for your help.
-- Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2861/running-qc0-with-c...