#1112: simfactory's option parser termination option values on ";" ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- I have (on my local machine horizon.tapir.caltech.edu):
{{{ rhaas@horizon:/mnt/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/ET_trunk$ tail -n2 simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini [horizon.tapir.caltech.edu] user = rhaas3 ; missing }}}
and get
{{{ rhaas@horizon:/mnt/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr/ET_trunk$ sim print-mdb-entry horizon.tapir.caltech.edu | grep rhaas sourcebasedir = /mnt/data/rhaas/postdoc/gr basedir = /home/rhaas/data/postdoc/runs user = rhaas3 email = rhaas }}}
ie. the option parser truncates the option value for "user" at the ";" character (seem to treat it as a comment marger like "#").
This makes it impossible to have a ";" eg. in the envsetup command. I tried escaping the ";" with backslashes and double quotes. No luck. In my specific case I wanted to do:
hash module && module purge ; bash ...
ie clear all module information if the module command exists (I have a workaround for this particular application).