#1890: formaline capture simfactory information ---------------------------------------------+------------------------------ Reporter: jonah.maxwell.miller@… | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: formaline ---------------------------------------------+------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:5 jonah.maxwell.miller@…]:
What I was thinking of when I submitted the ticket was a convenient way
of packaging all of simfactory's information in, e.g., a json file or tarball so that the whole directory tree structure doesn't have to be carried around. Perhaps this would be a job for simfactory not formaline?
I think it would. On the other hand, simfactory already makes a copy of the exectuable, which contains the formaline output. So, all you really would need is the simfactory directory. If you dislike that this is a directory with a number of files in it, what about putting it into a 'tar', but what would be the point of that, other than archiving possibly?
What do you plan to do? Maybe there are other ways to do that?