#1743: Reduce number of output files per directory -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Just looking at the diff:
- Why is the case '1' excluded fr om the range for processes_per_directory? - lines 234 and 235 contain commented code. Is there a reason these should stay? - The patch uses strcpy/strcat; it should use strncpy/strncat instead. The assert about the length before isn't enough; asserts can be no-ops, and they wouldn't silence warnings as well.
Style: at first I was put off by the use of a space between a function name and the opening parenthesis, which is allowed, but (at least to me) unusual for C/C++ code. I later realized that at least in these files this usage seems to be common. Well - better to stick to one style than to have none.
(I usually follow: Control statements should have one space between the control keyword and opening parenthesis, to distinguish them from function calls.)