#1242: test system does not pause if test fails to run ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I always found it very strange that the system behaved differently if you asked it to run all tests or not. I think the summary should be output in all cases. That being said, when SimFactory runs the tests, it always runs "all" tests. The reason is that it is always noninteractive, and the summary log is useful. Additionally, because SimFactory needs to have all the input data available at the time the job runs, i.e. it must not rely on having the home filesystem available and in the same state as when the job was submitted, it actually copies the reference data for the requested tests into the job output directory. This is how it filters which tests are supposed to be run, and then it can run "all tests" and generate the summary output. I always use simfactory when running tests, as I don't find the interactive prompting very useful, preferring to examine the output and diffs etc myself in a text editor.