#1667: ExternalLibraries/MPI should report error messages ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: MPI ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
I am trying to compile the development of ET on Loewe now, and I am seeing the following MPI error message:
{{{ Running configuration script for thorn MPI: ERROR: MPI could not be configured: neither automatic nor manual configuration succeeded
CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn MPI returned exit code 5 Error message: 'MPI could not be configured: neither automatic nor manual configuration succeeded'
Finished running configuration script for thorn MPI.
}}}
It is still cryptic to me since it doesn't tell me why it failed. Note that I set 'export VERBOSE=yes' before trying to run it and that I do see lots of output for all other external library scripts, but that is the only output I see from the MPI thorn.
How do I turn on more verbose output for the MPI thorn? Is there a fundamental change on setting MPI_DIR and its include and lib dirs? How should I change that in the loewe and supermuc machine options?
Thanks, Bruno