#2858: Compiling CarpetX: issues with PDESolvers
Reporter: Alejandra Gonzalez Status: submitted Milestone: Version: Type: bug Priority: major Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Hello, while trying to compile ETK with CarpetX I get the following error:
``` COMPILING CarpetX/PDESolvers/src/pdesolvers.cxx /gpfs/home/uib/uib416720/ETK2024/CarpetX/Cactus/arrangements/CarpetX/Arith/src/spvect.hxx(169): error: calling a __host__ function from a __host__ __device__ function is not allowed const auto &lastidx = elts.back().first; ^ detected during instantiation of "void Arith::spvect<I, T, V>::emplace_back(const I &, const T &) [with I=std::tuple<int, int>, T=CCTK_REAL8, V=Arith::vector1]" at line 183 of /gpfs/home/uib/uib416720/ETK2024/CarpetX/Cactus/configs/sim_cx/build/PDESolvers/pdesolvers.cxx
/gpfs/home/uib/uib416720/ETK2024/CarpetX/Cactus/arrangements/CarpetX/Arith/src/spvect.hxx(172): error: calling a __host__ function from a __host__ __device__ function is not allowed elts.back().second += val; ^ detected during instantiation of "void Arith::spvect<I, T, V>::emplace_back(const I &, const T &) [with I=std::tuple<int, int>, T=CCTK_REAL8, V=Arith::vector1]" at line 183 of /gpfs/home/uib/uib416720/ETK2024/CarpetX/Cactus/configs/sim_cx/build/PDESolvers/pdesolvers.cxx ```
Important to know is that I’m compiling with CUDA and added the necessary modifications to my cfg file (attached). These are also the modules I’m using while compiling:
- oneapi/2023.2.0 which includes: intel/2023.2.0, impi/2021.10.0, mkl/2023.2.0, and ucx/1.15.0 - cuda/12.2
-- Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2858/compiling-carpetx-...