#1843: SSL certificate missing for cactuscode.org (website) -----------------------------+---------------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: knarf Type: defect | Status: accepted Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
For all sites hosted at LSU, certificates have to be from LSU (I specifically asked about that). That means I have to go through CCT support.
What happened last week: one certificate expired, and (i) I didn't notice (my bad, I am truly sorry), and (ii) while an automatic ticket was opened beforehand for IT support, the person usually in charge was out-of-office, and the fall-back didn't get it done in time. Once he got it done, the chain wasn't correct, and I was out-of-touch for the weekend.
I will be with IT support in person today (once they are 'in'), to make sure the fall-back also knows the correct installation of certificates; the first-contact person already does.
The following is a quick script to check on things - of course you have to remember to do it from time to time. https://www.cct.lsu.edu/~knarf/cgi-bin/monitor.cgi
The issue with cactuscode.org (the website) is unrelated, and not new.