#462: allow paramters in STORAGE statements --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am not quite sure I fully understood the scoped syntax thorn::name issue. The patch requires that parameters used are accessible to the thorn and that the parameter is named as in C functions (ie. as in an "if(<expression>) { ... }" statement in the schedule.ccl file. I have put text to this effect in all places in UsersGuide.tex and ReferenceManual.tex where the word STORAGE appears (same text all the time). Version 2 of the patch also contains one more test: Before only STORAGE statements inside of SCHEDULE blocks were checked for an invalid number timelevels at runtime, but not those at file level (which are the majority). As this affects the flesh and I do not have commit rights there, someone else will have to commit the patch, please. The committer will also have to regenerate the PDF version of the documentation (since I do not know how to include binary files in a subversion diff).