#1801: Certificate for svn.cct.lsu.edu not trusted ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Replying to [comment:14 knarf]:
How did they solve this problem? I can only imagine that the git client
shipped with OSX is not as broken as the svn client, in which case bitbucket/github didn't solve anything. What does the OSX client say to
{{{ svn co https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc }}}
It says: {{{ queech4u:tmp rhaas$ /usr/bin/svn co https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc kranc Error validating server certificate for 'https://github.com:443': - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the fingerprint to validate the certificate manually! Certificate information: - Hostname: github.com - Valid: from Apr 8 00:00:00 2014 GMT until Apr 12 12:00:00 2016 GMT - Issuer: www.digicert.com, DigiCert Inc, (null), (null), US ((null)) - Fingerprint: A0:C4:A7:46:00:ED:A7:2D:C0:BE:CB:9A:8C:B6:07:CA:58:EE:74:5E (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? ^Csvn: E200015: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://github.com/ianhinder/Kranc' }}} so svn also fails for bitbucket's svn transport (the svn that works for me is the homebrew one '''after''' I manually install a cert.pem file eg from curl).
I think that for downloads we can live with http transports and the number of persons who commit is small enough (and expert enough) that we can ask those to use a fully fledged svn and openssl client.
I also think that we must make every effort so that downloads work. Basically no matter how annoying this is for us.