#877: EinsteinExact arrangement should be added to the Einstein Toolkit ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: task | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2012_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Thanks for the comments!
Replying to [comment:9 bmundim]:
- When running the test suites I got a message that it is not runnable
for EinsteinExact:
No runnable testsuites in arrangements: CactusBase CactusConnect
CactusDoc CactusElliptic CactusIO CactusPUGH EinsteinBase EinsteinEOS EinsteinUtils ExternalLibraries TAT KrancNumericalTools EinsteinExact
However EinsteinExact does have a test suite at
EinsteinExact/EinsteinExact_Test/test/ShiftedGaugeWave.par
EinsteinExact_Test is correctly symbolically linked in the arrangements
directory. Any ideas what could be going wrong here?
The tests require 1 process to run. Can you check that you are running with 1 MPI process?
- When I ran the ShiftedGaugeWave.par test case I found a bit
suspicious that the values output were exactly one or zero for gxx, kxx, alp or betax. Was this intentional? Doesn't it make the test too trivial?
- Note too that ADMBase::dtalp and ADMBase::dtbetax are not output at
all despite enlisted to do so. I guess this is happening because initial_dtlapse and initial_dtshift default to "none". So we need to
set those parameters in the test par file. In any case, I added the
following parameters to the par file and I got an output with non trivial values:
ADMBase::initial_data = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_shift = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_lapse = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_dtshift = ShiftedGaugeWave ADMBase::initial_dtlapse = ShiftedGaugeWave
These were the problems reported by Peter. Although I did fix them a few days ago (and I think Peter tested the fix), I somehow forgot to merge the fix into the master branch. I've now merged them into master so if you pull you should have something which resolves both of these problems.
- In the documentation it says that the code ignores initial_shift,
initial_lapse, initial_dtshift and initial_dtlapse. Per example above, I don't think this is true.
It ignores initial_shift, initial_lapse, initial_dtshift and initial_dtlapse. The setting of the initial data for all of the ADMBase variables is determined only by the initial_data parameter.
- There are a few instances of "CCTK_INT ierr = 0;"
declarations/initializations that are not used afterwards. That could be taken out to avoid compiler warning complaints.
I guess this must be a Kranc related thing? There was a separate discussion about fixing these things in Kranc, so once that is resolved the problem should also go away here.