#1764: Error with compilation of HWLOC ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: maxim.barkov@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2015_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: HWLOC ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Replying to [comment:19 knarf]:
Replying to [comment:17 bmundim]:
libboost1.50-dev should not be added I think since boost is very big
and not compiled in by the default ET thornlist.
Yes, but it is a popular library and I know of at least 4 institutions
in the ET community which use codes that link to Boost. Maybe we could rephrase the header comment as follows:
"Some libraries are very popular in the ET community but are not
distributed by the toolkit. You might want to install their packages in your system before building ET. One such a popular library is Boost, libboost1.50-dev."
I don't quite get that argument. While boost is interesting and useful,
it is not necessary for the Einstein Toolkit. If we would recommend useful packages, boost would only be one of a quite long list. And if you use boost already for something else, then most likely you have it installed already anyway.
I wanted ubuntu.cfg to work out of the box for the students here, but that's ok. Please remove those comments. I will keep patching ubuntu.cfg locally.
Cheers!