#1485: Remove support of StaticConformal from ADMMacros ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: reopened Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2014_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I have looked in the past for such an annotation in Jenkins, but I have not found a way to do this. If we know that a test will fail on all machines, and we know why, we could disable the test, and prevent it from running. The low-tech solution would be to delete the parameter file from SVN until the test is fixed. A better approach might be to disable the test in the test.ccl file. The Cactus test system could report these as "Disabled tests", and we could parse this information and display it in Jenkins, as "N tests disabled", so that we don't forget about them. It would also be good to have a message which explains why the test is disabled.
I am less sure about how to deal with tests which fail on certain machines. I can't think of a legitimate reason for this; it seems there is either a problem in the code, the test or on the machine in that case, and the tests //should// fail.