#971: global-early, loop-local routines in PostRegrid cause access to elements outside of a vector capacity ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Yes, if initialising in meta mode, there will be no interpolation. One can recompose all grid functions at once, and call postregrid only afterwards.
No, I would say that global-early is not okay in postregrid. One could allow routines that do not access grid functions, but this is difficult to ensure; e.g. reduction, interpolation, and I/O is also not possible. To avoid problems, I would forbid global-early generally. (But this is open for discussion.) Having a "global mode" that does not allow accessing grid functions even indirectly is like introducing yet another mode ("weak global mode"?), and this would be too confusing. At the moment, I rather hope that the schedule can be re-written without a weak global mode.