#1338: Rename Carpet output files -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Macs having a much wider audience in our community compared to Windows, and changing the default for them too would create confusion about what the expected file names of Carpet look like. From what I read the only problem in MacOS is the Finder, which shows colons as slashes but treats them as colons 'under the hood', is this correct? I guess Mac users have to deal with that bug even outside of Carpet (or better, complain to Apple).
Does the output work on Macs (I guess so, a lot of people use it)? Do script that use colons work? If the display in the Finder is the only problem, is this really such a big problem? Did anyone actually complain or file a bug report with Apple?