#1548: stdout redirection in multithreading scenario ----------------------------------+----------------------------------------- Reporter: gzheng@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: reopened Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: stdout redirection ----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Interesting. Why did I close the ticket? That was not quite intended. Anyhow. Thank you for the clarification. I am not sure though what to do about it. We can certainly fairly easily create one output file per MPI rank and store the FILE* pointers inside of a threadprivate (or the equivalent thread local storage type of the compiler if we don't want to rely on OpenMP threads being the same as "threads" in general or that the only threads that we will encounter are OpenMP generated and not eg from pthread in HTTPD) static so that CCTK_Warn etc write to separate files per MPI rank. I am not aware of anything that would allow us to redirect output to stdout on a per-thread basis since he POSIX dup call that we use is per-process (and file ids are per-process entities as far as I know).