#477: Carpet commit f33caf3aba96 (hg) breaks timer output in CCTK_Terminate --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- the commit to make Cactus timers hierarchical breaks eg. the Multipole testsuites with an error:
{{{ cactus_devel: /localdata/rhaas3/Cactus_devel/configs/devel/build/Carpet/TimerNode.cc:95: void Carpet::TimerNode::stop(): Assertion `this==d_current' failed. }}}
From the comments around the assert (thank you for those, Ian). It seems as if the patch tries to enforce that timer calls are properly nested ie.
start_timer_A start_time_B stop_timer_B stop_timer_A
When I played with timers myself (to write a thorn that traces how the code proceeds through functions and thus wanted to produce a call and timing graph) I found a small number of basic Cactus timers that are not nested like that (Initialization and/or Evolution I think). If this is still the case it would explain the behaviour.
I attach the log file of testsuite (Multipole/test_22.par).
Backing out of f33caf3aba96 (by applying in inverse patch, hg backout actually gave me conflicts...) makes the testsuite work again.