#207: Cactus should have an option to store the mpirun command needed to run test cases --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: reopened Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:2 eschnett]:
I don't see this variable mentioned anywhere except in the test suite.
Does Cactus really remember this setting when I configure it? How can I then extract it later?
No, it doesn't remember it. However, you only have to set it once for a given system (say, in your shell startup file, or within simfactory). Automated tests are possible using this variable.
I agree that Cactus could store whatever it reads on stdin for an interactive testsuite-run though, and make that the default when started a second time. This wouldn't help much with automated tests except something 'knows' how Cactus remembers that (but it shouldn't do that, it should instead use the environment variable). We could in addition do the same for the number of mpi processes used for the testsuites - which also looks at an environment variable at the moment.