#1395: GetComponents has trouble using svn in parallel at the Perimeter institute ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Either --parallel is working or not. I use it all the time (and would like to in the future) and didn't see problems lately. Plus, so far we have this failure only at the PI network and the tutorial talks about Queenbee, where it does work. So really, at the moment I don't see a need to remove --parallel - not from the tutorial and not from GetComponents.
However, I would be interested to find out what goes on at PI. Can you check if running several, independent 'svn co' work in parallel outside of GetComponents? As I see it we need more information on this issue. Something lets subversion abort and it would be nice to find the cause.