#1375: Slab does not fill in outmost layer of points in mesh refinement levels ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: Slab ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Yes, my argument is based in precisely this difference in calling the outermost layer ghost points or buffer zones (naturally Carpet is the ultimate authority there so, I should really refer to them as ghost points). I should not have put this statement in the ticket though, since really it does not matter what these points are called.
The statement should have been that slab seems to properly fill in all interprocessor ghost points but not the layer of ghost points at the outermost region of a refinement level.
My actual usage case is that I want to get a full copy of all data on the grid with x->-x,y->-y,z->-z (ie all coordinates flipped), to check issues related to the center of mass. So what I have to do is: (1) make sure that I have a fully synched source grid function (2) call Slab_Transfer with useghosts=1, yes? If of course I do this in the middle of a RHS evaluation (where the ghosts and symmetry and boundary points are invalid for some time) I can just use useghosts=0 and manually clear the outermost layer to avoid nan/large values popping up in the output.
So you consider this actually something that needs to be fixed? I had not really seen it as such but only as something that should be documented.