#974: Compilation problem in LoopControl with xlc compiler -----------------------------------------+---------------------------------- Reporter: wolfgang.kastaun@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: development version Keywords: | -----------------------------------------+---------------------------------- I was trying to compile ET on MareNostrum (BSC) using the xlc/xlC/xlf compiler suite version 10.01 and failed. The first relevant error reads:
"/gpfs/home/uv08/uv08986/source/Cactus/configs/z4pisky_std/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c", line 1371.1: 1506-343 (S) Redeclaration of lc_statmap_init differs from previous declaration on line 631 of "/gpfs/home/uv08/uv08986/source/Cactus/configs/z4pisky_std/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c". "/gpfs/home/uv08/uv08986/source/Cactus/configs/z4pisky_std/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c", line 1371.1: 1506-376 (I) Redeclaration of lc_statmap_init has a different number of fixed parameters than the previous declaration. "/gpfs/home/uv08/uv08986/source/Cactus/configs/z4pisky_std/build/LoopControl/loopcontrol.c", line 1371.1: 1506-377 (I) The type "char*" of parameter 3 differs from the previous type "const char* restrict const".
The fist declaration reads:
630 void 631 lc_statmap_init (int * restrict const initialised, 632 lc_statmap_t * restrict const lm, 633 char const * restrict const name) 634 {
while the second is
1374 CCTK_FCALL 1375 void 1376 lc_statmap_init (int * restrict const initialised, 1377 lc_statmap_t * restrict const lm, 1378 ONE_FORTSTRING_ARG) 1379 {
From the compiler message, I guess ONE_FORTSTRING_ARG expanded to something of type char*
It seems the idea here is to provide a version of a C function callable from Fortran. However, it ends up having the same name and argument types (apart from const-ness), which is forbidden. From the Cactus manual I would guess one needs to wrap the second declaration inside a CCTK_FNAME macro, like
void CCTK_FCALL CCTK_FNAME(lc_statmap_init)(int * restrict const initialised, lc_statmap_t * restrict const lm, ONE_FORTSTRING_ARG) {