#1759: need tensorparity=-1 for WeylScal4::curvIi_group and curvJi_group -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- Reporter: physicsbeany@… | Owner: Bernard Kelly Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2014_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: weylscal4, parity -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- Changes (by hinder):
* status: new => confirmed
Comment:
I have checked the parities for I and J, and agree with what "physicsbeany" suggests: i.e. curvIi and curvJi should be -1. curvIr and curvJr remain as +1. I have committed the corresponding change (https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinanalysis/commits/dbf613b8dd7c3...) and regenerated the code (https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinanalysis/commits/6eef88eef2e6d...).
There are also invariants //J1–J4 "of the Narlikar and Karmarkar basis as defined in B5-B8 of arXiv:0704.1756. Computed from Weyl tensor expressions using xTensor."// which I think Barry Wardell added. Barry, do you know what the parities of these are supposed to be? In my commit, I added a TODO for this. I have computed the parities, and get +1 for all of them. Do you agree? If so, I will add this explicitly in the code to eliminate the warning about assuming +1.