#1717: hwloc: lnuma & lltdl *really* required? ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: zachetie@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:17 eschnett]:
No, the hwloc package manager's decision is not correct. libhwloc-dev
provides a library libhwloc.a that cannot be used without libltdl.a. Thus, it either needs to depend on the libltdl-dev package, or needs to provide a library libhwloc.a that does not have this dependency.
Yes, I missed the .a file in the -dev package. I assumed this to be in the hwloc package, if at all present. In this case, it would indeed need to be reported to the Ubuntu package maintainers. The respective Debian package has the missing dependencies, but not yet in the released version - which means Debian is likely affected too, in the current release.
If you want to provide a work-around, then I suggest to do this in the
system-specific file "ubuntu.cfg" of Simfactory.
I don't think that the current option lists for these specify a static build. We should probably give the correct flag (--static or not) to pkg- config, and in this case that should work, shouldn't it?