#761: Fold option list, submit script, and run script into mdb --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I agree that the SubmitScript/RunScript separation is artificial (and unusual). I am not sure though if I would really like to have them folded into a large set of options inside of the machine database. The current setup has (I believe) that advantage that the SubmitScript/RunScript is recognizably a qsub script for which one can usually find examples and documentation on new clusters. Having to learn a whole new syntax of option to encode this information into simfactory would seem quite a bit of extra complication unless the benefits are large. With Cactus' option files this might be less of a problem. The only change would be that the boundary between simfactory and the low-level Cactus build system blurs (which might actually be what one wants).