#1995: McLachlan constraint tests fail ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: confirmed Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2017_05 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: McLachlan constraints tests compiler optimization ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I would like to see some solid data for which versions of the compiler have this problem. At the moment, the reports are too anecdotal.
I am having trouble finding information about this problem, having never seen it myself. From this ticket, I deduce that some of the tests in Dissipation and RotatingSymmetry90/180 fail, and the variables which are wrong are computed by ML_ADMConstraints.
The tests in those thorns are
{{{ Dissipation/test/test_ah.par Dissipation/test/test_ob.par RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-EE.par RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-rotating-180-EE.par RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-rotating-180-staggered-EE.par RotatingSymmetry180/test/Kerr-staggered-EE.par RotatingSymmetry180/test/KerrSchild-rotating-180-EE.par RotatingSymmetry90/test/Kerr-rotating-90-EE.par RotatingSymmetry90/test/Kerr-rotating-90-staggered-EE.par RotatingSymmetry90/test/KerrSchild-rotating-90-EE.par }}}
Every one of these tests uses the NoExcision thorn. Listing all the files which do NOT contain "NoExcision" gives: {{ Ian-Hinders-MacBook-Pro:CactusNumerical ian ((c3219faa...))$ grep -L NoExcision Dissipation/test/*.par RotatingSymmetry180/test/*.par RotatingSymmetry90/test/*.par Ian-Hinders-MacBook-Pro:CactusNumerical ian ((c3219faa...))$ }}
I have compiled Cactus with Intel 17.0.4 on Minerva, but since NoExcision is disabled there, none of these tests run. I am not sure it is a coincidence that all these failing tests use NoExcision. Could it be NoExcision writing to memory it shouldn't be?
Peter, if you disable NoExcision, do you still see differences between -O1 and -O2?