#552: parameter file errors ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_11 Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I have to admit that I have had quite a number of times where I copied and pasted a section of the parameter file (say a detector radius or something similar) wanting to add a new detector. More often than I like to admit I forgot to bump say the detector number somewhere in the copied section and do actually end up setting a parameter to the same value twice. However in this case this is an actual error since I really wanted to set two different parameters (say detecter_every[0] and detector_every[1]) to the identical values.
So for, me the current behaviour while sometimes annoying, has been very helpful more often than that. A level 1 warning might be lost in the slew of initial output and warnings I fear.