#1599: CarpetInterp/waveinterp_2p tests constant in space initial data ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: CarpetInterp ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
As far as I can tell relative error checks are not disabled in test.ccl. It only specifies the number of processes to use for each test. I can add a {{{ RELTOL 1e42 }}} to the test to avoid relative differences.
I agree that testing the 2nd time derivative is important.
Would a non-zero 2nd time derivative and not-constant in space data test more of the code? Testing an interpolator with constant (or very low order data) seems not like the best idea. The prolongation tests eg use operators that are as high order as possible while still allowing exact recovery of the result (ie 3rd order polynomial test function for the 3rd order prolongation operators).