#1651: Problems with expansions in parameter files ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: sbrandt Type: defect | Status: accepted Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I agree with Ian concerning thorns (dislike the current enforced order), and are "ok" with the same for parameters (although there I could see how a more complex solution might be nice - but then you can always use something Cactus-external (rpar).
The current enforcement for thorns effectively leads to a bunch of "unordered", ugly, long thorn activation lines at the beginning of par files. I would like to move them around, like Ian. I don't have a strong opinion about variables on the other hand, but I didn't really use them outside of "rpar"s. It would be confusing to have the "declaration" further "down" the file than it's usage, but it could also be useful. We could leave the decision to use or not use this feature simply to the user.