#1958: parfiles accept 1.0, 0.0, 1e3 for integer typed parameters -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: optional | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: wontfix | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Replying to [comment:20 sbrandt]:
As for reporting multiple errors, I'm not sure what the solution should
be. Currently, I report errors with CCTK_Error(). That mechanism doesn't have the capability to report errors on multiple lines. It could be extended, or I could create some new special purpose error reporting tool --but that should be another ticket IMHO.
Reporting multiple errors is tricky and usually not "clean". What other code does in this situation is to make the "error" reports a level 1 warning (which according to the docs are mistakes that will most likely make the code produce the wrong answer) and keep track (in a global variable or similar) that errors were encountered. Then after the full parfile is parsed, it checks whether any errors were encountered and then aborts.