#1338: Rename Carpet output files -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:27 rhaas]:
When we change it (before or after the release) I believe that the new
parameter for the group separator might be best added to thorn IOUtil so that the separator is consistent among all output files.
I agree. So, unless there are objections, there will be a new parameter in IOUtil, seleting the separator between implementation/thorn name and variable names. What's left to do is to decide - How that parameter should be called - When to add it (I think that could be done already now, before the release.) - What the default will be (I think that the old value would be best before the release, but the default should change after the release - please let us know if you disagree.) - The new default value (I believe most have spoken out for "-")
Of course, the parameter would need to be used..., anything else?