#1312: quick rsync for simfactory -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Keywords: | -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Quite often I find myself developing something (code/parfiles) locally and use 'sim sync' to get it to a remote location. Until a recent change in simfactory this was usually quite fast (a couple of seconds at most). In all of these cases I know that I didn't change anything on the remote side. Now 'sim sync' can take a minute even to local machines, depending on their file system load since the remote side has to actually read the complete tree for comparison. And this is without any actual changes.
I propose to have a 'sim sync --fast' option which uses timestamps as before. This should not be the default since it might not catch all changes in every situation, but it would make quick development sessions like this (edit locally, compile and run remotely) feasible again.