#2059: SimFactory should detect the number of cores automatically --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by sbrandt):
Question: Did you intend to leave "/usr/bin/lscpu" as is, or did you intend to replace it with "lscpu"?
Also, I'm not sure what happened, but we agreed to use the code below in bin/sim in ticket #2058. Somehow, it isn't what I checked in, the lower version is missing. If we are to use subprocess.Popen, we need to make the minimum version 204 instead of 203. Version 2.3 was suggested because of QueenBee, but that has 2.6 now. I updated the branch to include the minimum and set it to 204. {{{ # Forward the call for PYEXE in python python2 do $PYEXE - > /dev/null 2>&1 << EOF import sys if sys.hexversion >= 0x2030000 and sys.hexversion < 0x3000000: exit(0) else: exit(1) EOF if [ $? = 0 ] then exec $PYEXE "$cmd" "$@" break fi done }}}