#1149: Add timers for Carpet modes --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
With the default parameter settings, the timers for the different maps will not be created, so I think in the end it's not a serious problem.
We could fix this by ensuring that all processes create timers (but do not start them) for all maps, but I think this is not the right approach, as it makes the "minimum" and "average" reductions fairly useless. Instead, I think we should be moving towards a system where if a timer does not exist on a given process, it is not included in the reductions (e.g. the minimum). That way, we would see the minimum time taken for a given map only on the processes that actually had that map, which is probably what the user wants to see anyway. This would need modifications to TimerReport. I have created #1154 to track this enhancement.