#1674: Switch to OpenBLAS --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
On danger of being called out for me lack of wanting a fast LAPACK (this is realated to my general unhappiness with building everything from scratch since I have many compiled Cactus trees and many configurations and often compile new ones): I actually do "think that thorn OpenBLAS should use an installed, slow library instead of building an efficient OpenBLAS". At least in its probe-what-is-there mode. OpenBLAS may well want to output a warning, but otherwise I'd stick to: "the user installed the system LAPACK, so I use it". If they want to compile OpenBLAS then they can either uninstall the system one or ask for XXXX_DIR=BUILD. This is based on the notion that the OpenBLAS thorn provides the capabilities LAPACK and BLAS and is not only a wrapper around OpenBLAS's configure script.