#1533: checkpoint cctk_delta_time in PUGH ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: IOHDF5Util ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am not sure I fully understand your comment Erik. Are you asking why the code uses a single buffer of 2 {{{CCTK_REAL}}} to hold {{{cctk_delta_time}}} and {{{cctk_time}}} when read from the file? It uses a single buffer since the the read-in value is broadcast using MPI and I'd have had to add a second broadcast call for {{{cctk_delta_time}}} otherwise. This is the same logic that is used for the integer attributes "main_loop_index" and "cctk_iteration".
There are separate attributes "cctk_delta_time" and "cctk_time" in the file, not a single attribute with two values in it.
Was that what you were asking?
I actually do want it to output a warning when a checkpoint file that does not contain {{{cctk_delta_time}}} is read. Otherwise it silently uses the incorrect cctk_delta_time. This would only be an issue for "old" checkpoint files since the new ones will always contain the attribute. Storing {{{cctk_delta_time}}} is not a new feature, it's a bugfix.